Re: [OM] (OM) where is the on off switch on the OM4T?

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) where is the on off switch on the OM4T?
From: WayneS <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 20:17:58 -0500
I'm sorry if my om-4t sarcasm was miss interpreted. I know the OM-4t quite
well, and even downloaded all the patents on the internal circuits at one
point in time, as well as having built my own shutter tester and exposure
testing for it. Of course, if it really needed adjustment, John H is the premier
source. I used to check the shutter travel time. The OM-4t weakness is
at 1/2000, where exposure variation across the frame is most likely.
Fortunately, that is not an often used speed. But the OM-4t is quite a bit
more reliable than the Leica M6 shutter, whose top speed is 1/1000
and has even more variation, according to my testing many moons ago.

I can't say that I will ever know any modern digital camera as intimately as
I know the 4T. The exposure meter integration circuits are still in my mind.
As well as how the on/off works. Even in B or M60 mode, the circuits are
still active. There is no way to turn the OM-4t off, other than to remove the
batteries. B and M60 just limit the possibility of activating the exposure
meter.

Wayne