Re: [OM] 420 deal

Subject: Re: [OM] 420 deal
From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 15:21:59 -0600

> Ken - the E-3 didnt appeal to you?

Not so much.  It's nice and everything, but I just don't sense that "magical
quality" that only a few rare cameras have.  However, it is growing on me.
When getting together with my friends who have E-3s, I have to restrict my
in-hand time to a very tight minimum.  The E-1 is elegant in comparison to
the E-3 and there is no beating that DEEPLY scalloped thumb hold.

> If only the D3 would come down in price! LOL! The D300 is sitting at just
> about what I paid for my D200.

Nah, I want the D3X.  I'll wait till it's $800 USD.

BTW I see The Panny G1 being advertised now. It must be available to ship
> pretty soon.

I believe the G1 has been shipping for some time now.  In another week or
two, it'll be an obsolete model--according to the present state of
replacement cycles.  I thought changes were supposed to SLOW DOWN.

AG