Re: [OM] Ken's Silver Nose

Subject: Re: [OM] Ken's Silver Nose
From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 15:38:14 -0600

> I am just wondering when Ken Norton got rid of the nose part of his OM
> alias. I thought he was proud of it... or am I wrong here assuming
> things?

Identity crisis. Actually, the deal is that I had setup a yahoo mail account
"agschnozz" just for list communications.  Unfortunately, yahoo mail has
been less than the most impressive in list response as of late.  Since
switching to gmail, I decided to just subscribe as myself, but attempt to
remember to place my moniker at the end of the posts.  However, I've gotten
lazy and have been shortening my sigs to "AG" instead of "AG Schnozz" or "AG
(insert pithy comment) Schnozz".

Which leads to the question of whether or not AG Schnozz has fallen off the
wagon and poisened the camera bag with non-AG lenses.  To address this
question, I will have ask Rod-Blago the Tokina AT-X 100-300 Zoom lens to
comment. For those who don't know, Rod has been the "Governor" of the camera
bag, but his position is quite precarious.  I have heavily edited his
comments due to vulgarity.

Rod writes:

(beginning of quote)

"Yo list.   There was an opening in the bag.  I saw this as an opportunity
to get some sparkle for myself.  Wasn't going to be cheap, though. This was
one valuable thing.  Here I am, surrounded by these lapdog silvernosed
lenses.  What cowards and pushovers.  One little visit from my
father-in-law, and they all went running for cover."

"So, a couple months ago, this fancy camera arrives.  This dude is all for
'change'.  Ok, an opportunity for me to make some more money, right?  Man,
what an opportunity!  So, with change, I'm thinking 'Yo, Rod, here's your
chance to get rid of these moron chrome-nosed guys' and I put my plan in
place.  However, the new camera seems to have made good friends with the
black-nosed 24/2.8 and the silver-nosed 50/3.5.  Since he's obviously a
moderate, I'll have to tread a little carefully, but too carefully and this
whole thing will backfire.  My people will need to talk with his people,
but, yo, my union toughs will help me out and maybe bust a few kneecaps if
necessary"

"Well, the plan was coming along nicely, but then comes TWO new lenses into
MY TURF!  First of all, there is this black-nosed 35-80/2.8 zoom.  A friend
or foe?  Turns out, this guy may be black-nosed, but he's obviously one of
those silver-nosed republicans.  And the other lens (Pat The Fitz) was his
'heavy' and was a direct opponant to me.  How can I compete with this
street-smart, 300/4.5 silver-nosed thug?  That's supposed to be MY game.
The dude ain't even from Chicago!"

"In one day, the gig was up and I'm paraded down to the station in
hand-cuffs.  There's a new sherif in the bag and I'm on the outs.  The
35-80, even though he ain't no silver-nose, is a friend of them and in my
book there is no greater crime.  But what can I do, his 300/4.5 thug has
more chrome on his nose than all the rest combined!"

(end of quote)

So, there you have it folks.  Rod-Blago has spoken, but you can see that the
silver-nosed lenses appear to be safe since the new administration is
apparently chrome-friendly.  "Pat The Fitz", the 300/4.5, has knocked
"Rod-Blago", the Tokina 100-300, from the all-powerful governor position in
the camera bag.

AG (political news junky) Schnozz