Re: [OM] I am the weirdest

Subject: Re: [OM] I am the weirdest
From: "Sue Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 16:18:10 -0600
> I've concluded that I am the weirdest photographer in the world.

Agreed.

> All I want is a camera that doesn't get in my way.  I want a camera that
> is
> there for me when I'm ready to shoot a picture. Most importantly, I want a
> camera that doesn't hurt me!
>
> Is this too much to ask?
Obviously.

> "THE END IS NEAR!"
>It would seem so.

> 1. Battery Grip shutter-release button is in a different position (even
> though the grip shape is identical) for the vertical grip than the
> horizontal grip.  PLEASE, pick one place or the other, but having the
> shutter-release button move almost 2cm to the right is unacceptable.
Do we really need the Vertical grip buttons? I've sh ot a LOT of verticals
in my life, and did just fine without that. I have one on my D3, and NEVER
use it.

> 2. Postage-stamp viewfinder.  There is small, and then there is SMALL.
> Just
> when I thought it couldn't get any smaller, two manufacturers outdo
> themselves.
It's the devil's wprk.

> 3. Kit zoom lens starting aperture is F4.5 on the wide-angle (if you can
> call it that) to F6.3 on the long end.  I won't even mention the bogus
> manual-focus ring that is out at the end of the lens and has the filter
> attached to it. Even in a brightly lit store, about the only thing visible
> in the viewfinder was the ceiling lights.  Folks, it was bad--as bad as
> I've
> EVER seen.
Who's the jackass t hat calls a 2.8 lens a "fast lens?"

> 5. Blinking lights.  I don't mind, so much, if the viewfinder looks like a
> dance club, but make sure the focus screen is bright enough so the
> blinking
> lights don't blind you.
It's magic!

> 6. In the race for the biggest LCD, the buttons have all been moved to
> some
> perimeter position which can no longer be reached from the right hand
> without removing the hand from the grip.
Not a problem, just only use the buttons when chimping.

> Shall I go on?
Please.

Bill Pearce