Re: [OM] Failed to subscribe with Gmail a/c but success with Yahoo a/c

From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 09:54:37 -0600
With gmail, we have one particular feature which may be causing you the
grief.  And that is the ability to use gmail to access multiple email
accounts.  Although this is pretty normal, by normal email client feature
set, gmail allows you to have a default account which it is sending from.

What is possible is that you have requested subscription using "
sample-address@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" but when your confirmation request
came through, you responded with "sample-address@xxxxxxxxx" and your request
never got completed as a result.  It is critical that when you send messages
to the olympus list that you are sending it with the registered
address--otherwise you're just impressing yourself with those fancy prose.

Or is it just me that makes that mistake?

AG