Re: [OM] Failed to subscribe with Gmail a/c but success with Yahoo a/c

From: Thomas Heide Clausen <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 14:07:00 +0100
Cc: Michael Wong <mialop@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Dear Michael,

List Mum here, let me see if I can help.

The list does *not* filter subscriptions based on ISP, client or
otherwise, and we have plenty of listees using gmail already.

I do not know if those folks need to do something special to gmail
(e.g. to inform spam filters that list emails are OK) to make it
work, since  I do not use gmail myself, but I suspect that it should
be straight forward and that Jez or Piers would be able to tell you
if and how.

I do not remember to have seen any "half subscription requests", i.e.
where a request was made, the confirmation email sent, but the
subscriber not verifying the subscription, from gmail lately, so I do
not understand exactly what went wrong and I am very very sorry that
you encountered these difficulties

If you still wish to be subscribed to the 'list using your gmail-
address, please do contact me directly, and I'll see to it that it
happens. In general, don't hesitate to contact the List Mum when
you're having list-related issues. I'm here for that, and I'm happy
to help.

Finally, but most importantly: Welcome on board to the best
photography related mailing list in existence. We're excited you're
with us!

Cheers,

List Mum