Re: [OM] What type film?

Subject: Re: [OM] What type film?
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 14:17:15 +0100
On Dec 12, 2008, at 12:50 PM, Jez Cunningham wrote:

> Touche' :-)
>
> But then I've seen the list Mum do worse!

*GRIN* -- we never were that big on enforcing "nettiquette" around
here, ehh? I think that it's only when a digester raises his voice
that we're called into order.....

But, a couple of comments below (and why I am *NOT* trimming this
particular message entirely)...

> On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 11:49 AM, Piers Hemy <piers@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Oi, Jez, having observed that Jim's "sig" is overlong, you might
>> perhaps
>> have thought to trim *both* of them from your reply!
>>
>> Memo to self - make sure you trim them before sending this message!
>>
>> Piers

<SNIP>

>> On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 8:30 PM, Timpe, Jim <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> The server of my employer adds all the gibberish at the end of every
>>> email I send.  AFAIK, there's nothing I can do about it.  If you're
>>> aware of some clandestine work around I can employ, I'm all
>>> ears.  My
>>> other option is participating from my home email.
>>> If this is truly offensive to listees, I'll take that course of
>>> action.
>>>
>>> Accept my apologies.  My friends and family find it equally
>>> laughable
>>> when I communicate with them from work.

I have a friend working for a defense contractor. His "company
enforced signature" includes a legal disclaimer, full corporate
registration information, complete coordinates of his work-site and
some other gibberish that I can't decipher. If you print it, it takes
the better of an A4 page.

Lots of wasted electrons for messages of the form "Ok, I'll come over
at 20ish tonight, cya"

What you could do, Jim,  is as Jez suggest: end your email with "-- "
on a line on its own, then the company-affixed-signature will appear

And just before someone gets a good idea, yes, the List Mum could
configure the list server to reject or remove "signatures" -- but
also, the List Mom does not want to be tampering with correspondence
and those inserting such disclaimers likely have armies of lawyers
that are bigger than the List Mum's army of zero lawyers ;)

<SNIP> - and yes, snipping is good.