Re: [OM] Minimalism competition

Subject: Re: [OM] Minimalism competition
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 00:03:07 +0800
2008/12/10 Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hmm, I wonder who that could be?

Hey, Dawid, I am one of them too...  :)

On 10 Dec 2008, at 5:53 PM, khen lim wrote:

> Some amongst us are so smitten with the 90mm f2

As a matter of fact, I was toying around the idea with AG of suggesting that
participants get into some form of photo essay perhaps revolving around the
minimalism topic....bring up a few images as in a collective series and then
putting words to them...words that we could stipulate an adherence to the
minimalism theme.
As for choice of lenses, I was only being provocative....  :)

K.

I personally am all for leaving the topic "minimalism" and seeing
what happens - either the image composition might be minimalist, the colour
might be, the processing might be, heck - even the equipment used might be.
Perhaps it should be a rule that, for each entry, the photographer writes a
few words to convey why he believes his image to adhere to the theme
of minimalism.
I don't think the lenses should be restricted, I think anything should go.

> --

Khen Lim - Zone-10 LLC, Des Moines, Iowa, USA

"To sin by silence when we should protest makes cowards of people" - Emily
Cox
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them" - Walt
Disney