[OM] OT -- Friend's walk with cancer

Subject: [OM] OT -- Friend's walk with cancer
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 09:32:07 +0000
Dear All

This has very little to do with Olympus, or even photography, really.

I was quite shocked to read an article in yesterday's Independent
about the son of a friend who is terminally ill.  He's walking Coast
to Coast the north of England with a buggered leg (medical term,
picked it up from one of our medical students :-)).

Here's his Flickr site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tombuckley2000/3014995505/

and giving site: http://www.justgiving.com/thebuckers

and the newspaper article: http://tinyurl.com/6mjsaq

We knew that he was poorly from a couple of Christmas cards ago, but
now it looks like the end.

Just thought I'd mention it; it could be very sad, but his endeavour
is rather inspirational ...

Chris