Re: [OM] E-3 + ZD 50/2.0 Macro vs OM-1n + 90/2.0 Macro (usage)

Subject: Re: [OM] E-3 + ZD 50/2.0 Macro vs OM-1n + 90/2.0 Macro (usage)
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 19:51:49 +0200
Dear AG, now you are really stirring the pot.

May I propose an amendment to your proposal, whereby a shooting event/
competition
does not only include those (lucky buggers) who own an OM-3Ti, but
rather to include
the mechanical bodies in general?

Collectability aside, I really do prefer the OM-1 which, OM-3-Ti-lumi-
micron-focus-screen
notwithstanding, really still does have the best viewfinder of the
lot, no? There's a certain
kind of magic coupling the magical 90 Macro with the most basic and
primitive body of the lot -
and maybe a number of members feel that way.

So, to include us OM-3Ti-less souls (I am going to discover I am at
hand printing in the wet darkroom
real soon) please make it an OM-1/3 competition.

Any ideas for a theme? Or shall we just make it a general competition
- as long as it is shot in the
competition period, i.e. no digging out old negatives. That way, the
inspiration to go and use the OM
gear is stronger.

What doth the group sayeth?