Re: [OM] 4T hot shoe hassle---advice sought

Subject: Re: [OM] 4T hot shoe hassle---advice sought
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 16:06:25 -0800
usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
> Seems my 4T hot shoe intermittently is a problem with failure to trigger the
> flash.  This happened a few months ago with the T28 and a couple weeks ago
> with a Viv 283 with a remote cord. Both systems worked flawlessly on an OM-2.
> The 4T seemed OK after I lightly rubbed the central contact with an emory
> board.

I wouldn't use anything as abrasive as that. A pencil eraser has always
worked pretty well for me. If the contact looks nice and clean, the
problem may be grease/oil and a Q-Tip with a bit of solvent works wonders.
> I may have wiped off the OM-2 contacts 3 years ago, but that has never
> happened with it or a 2N.  Some of the 4T contacts are recessed and difficult
> to clean.  Any suggestions?
Again, a soft eraser will easily form to get down in the recess and
cotton/cloth with dab of solvent also will get down there.

Moose