Re: [OM] time to say goodbye to a good friend....

Subject: Re: [OM] time to say goodbye to a good friend....
From: "Wiliam Wagenaar" <wiliam@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 12:34:46 +0100
Hi Richard,

Ouch, touch one. I wish you all the strength for the upcoming time.

I lost my first dog (Terry a cairn terrier) this year on easter Monday
15 years and 3 days old. It was the start of a really bad time for us.
Our rabbit (she roamed the neighbourhood and tried to play with the cats
on the streets, but they were a bit affraid of her) got under the
neighbours car a few weeks later. She obviously did not survive. Another
few weeks later My mother in law and my own father died on the same day,
in the same hospital, only two rooms apart. (I started an email to you
all the next day but did never send it. It just was too hard and
personal at the time. Again a few weeks later my daughter and her
boyfriend had a terrible accident with their moped. She had a ruptured
spline and he had a bad concussion. Thank god everything turned out well
with them. To cheer us all up we gave our daughter a kitten for her 18th
birthday. It is great fun to have a young animal in the house to
accompany our second dog (another cairn terrier, but female). They play
together all the time. The sun is starting to shine again here;-)

All the best,

Wiliam.

http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/PICS/_C061573.jpg

She's 15 3/4 years old. Outlived her brother by 2 years and her mom
by 4 months. She lost her eye functions starting when she was 4
(congenital disease) and totally lost it when she was 8 or so. A year
prior to that she had a back injury (cause unknown) that necessitated
a spinal surgery. After the surgery, the vet said she may never walk.
Of course since Kiva did not understand what he said so she ignored
it. We took her to therapy and bought her a doggie wheelie, and
within half a year, she was running. She was blind then of course but
she trusted us to guide her.

She loves life but it is time to say goodbye. We have our annual
Solstice Vigil party on the 20th. If she lasts that long, our friends
will get to say goodbye to her too. We love her.

// richard (This email is for mailing lists. To reach me directly,
please use richard at imagecraft.com)