Re: [OM] One Roll, One Lens, One Hour

Subject: Re: [OM] One Roll, One Lens, One Hour
From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 00:20:43 -0600
Moose thus grunted:>Nice idea for a project. Unless, of course, one looks at
the results and says "Sheesh, this is crap!...

I'll refrain from being offended...  ;)

>Is there a reason most of the shots of people on the street have
their backs to you?  ;-)   I guess the kid didn't get the memo?

Those were my "cop out shots". Those were mid-project when I was feeling
less than inspired.  I did not want to do close-up stuff of inanimate
objects as I can do those in my sleep. What challenge is there in that?

> factors, but why put the images at the mercy of crappy scanning?
> I have no idea about your reason(s), but from out here, it's very
off-putting.

I did just upload the images with adjusted gamma and tonal adjustment--still
ugly, but better. Maybe the reasoning is to encourage the "digital rules,
film drools" crowd to crow about their latest $3000 purchase by saying "see
how ugly film is?"  I suppose I could take the effort to scan these with my
Nikon Coolscan V-ED, but maybe I need to just move on--after all, this
project wasn't necessarily about the post-production, but the production.
For that, it served its purpose.  In fact, that was my reasoning for the
Photo-CD in the first place.  If they are really that off-putting, I'll just
remove the article as anything further is probably just a waste of time.  I
know that a proper scan would make things much better, but to what end?
 I'll probably never touch these photos again.  I just thought that maybe
people could see past the scanning flaws and be inspired to do their own
stretch project.  Frankly, I could have done this particular stretch project
without even loading film in the camera.

> Even the relatively mundane look better with some correction...

WHOA!  I always wondered what an LSD trip was like.  "My Eyes, My Eyes!"

AG