Re: [OM] MF1 adapter (OM to 4/3)

Subject: Re: [OM] MF1 adapter (OM to 4/3)
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 14:36:16 -0000
Olli, here's a few hints to help you work out what you are being offered:

The genuine MF-1 does not have any engravings, the words are just
screen-printed on, as far as I can tell - but there should be a flat area
for the words to appear just beside the red dots on the body-flange and the
red dash on the lens-flange.  Opposite that, on the bottom face of the MF-1,
there is another flat area with the words "Made in Japan".

The genuine MF-1 has stainless steel (at least, it looks like ss) lens and
body flanges - all the imitators I have seen have only one flange in what
looks like chrome-plated brass.

The genuine MF-1 has three pairs of dimples on the lens-flange which are
used to hold sprin steel under each bayonet lug on the flange - just like on
an OM body.  I have never seen the dimples on the imitators - but they don't
need them, because they don't have the steel springs either!

Hope you can work out which it is.

Piers