Re: [OM] ISO sensitivity, was: Recommendations for compact digital came

Subject: Re: [OM] ISO sensitivity, was: Recommendations for compact digital camera
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 19:07:31 -0500
At 04:47 PM 11/19/2008, Chuck Norcutt wrote:

>Then I think I'll stick with DPReview's results since they measure the
>same way I do, with camera and meter.  I think I'd call measurements of
>the sensor that don't include the camera as, well... distinctly useless.
>   Last I knew it was extraordinarily difficult to take photos using only
>the sensor.  :-)

Hi Chuck,

You might still want to do some actual tests.  The conventional
wisdom once was that Canon calibrates their metering to 16% gray
instead of 18% gray like other manufacturers.  I do know that both of
my Canon DSLRs slightly underexpose as compared to my two Olympus
DSLRs.  As a result the Canons seem to protect highlights a little
better than the E-420.

Later,
Johnny