Re: [OM] Hypocrites are us - OFFTOPIC

Subject: Re: [OM] Hypocrites are us - OFFTOPIC
From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 14:43:16 -0600
 >I think you've been "push polled." I suspect this was a fake poll,
>design to engineer consent (in the words of Noam Chomsky) rather than
>to actually collect data.

No, I believe it was an honest survey, but conducted FOR a business looking
to publish favorable results.  No harm, no foul.

Trust me, I'm not against the ag industry, but it irks me to no end that the
industry chooses to mislead and turn a blind eye when it comes to fouling
our surface waters.  Our rivers, lakes and streams are a cauldron of
toxicity originating from the ag industry.  Iowa has the highest percentage
of contaminated waters in the entire country!  Now, I have no issue with
most of the recommended practices--places like Iowa State University are on
the forefront of both teaching and researching best-practices for both here
and abroad.  Unfortunately, we have a large population of IDIOT farmers who
have absolutely no respect for either the land, nor the surface waters.
These same IDIOT farmers are typically the same ones that try to pass off
sick livestock to the meat packers.

Personally, I have no use for these farmers that have the "Nobody is going
to tell me what to do" attitude.

AG-Schnozz