[OM] OT - How I spent my time yesterday.

Subject: [OM] OT - How I spent my time yesterday.
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 19:55:47 -0500
Wow,
Definitely over my head.
Nice job and well documented. You deserve to gloat.

My last home electronics surgery was less of a success. Seems a PLASTIC
safety lock out switch failed in our upper oven.
(microwave/convection) Kitchenaide does not think it necessary to stock
parts after the legal requirement of 5 years or so.
Could not find one anywhere and the repair people said the whole $1500
double oven we put in when we built the house was toast for want of a
10 buck plastic encased part. Soooo, I did have the schematics and when
the aesthetic police was out of town, installed a TPDT
high capacity bypass switch and mounted it into a nice small box
painted white, mounted on the side. So what if wires protruded?---white
too of course to match. So what if a guest could open the oven and get
microwaved if they didn't know the system?

Police returns, allows for short gloat and drops the hammer---VETO.
Battle won, war lost.

Mike