[OM] Re: IMG: Copenhagen autumn

Subject: [OM] Re: IMG: Copenhagen autumn
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2008 14:13:15 -0800
Bob Whitmire wrote:

> My guess is that if Allison Krauss spent some time in Denmark you might still
> eschew the chili, but you'd all be in hot pursuit of hillbilly music. <g>
>
> Try this out:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjsjZWlRVvo

You gonna claim that's Hillbilly music? She may come from that
background, and the instrumental backing may have a bit of Hillbilly
music sensibility, but that's pure mainstream. Lovely singing, good
production, a little sweetly sentimental for my taste, but nice solid
popular 'murican music to me. What would Flatt & Scruggs think?

Holy Cole has a solid Jazz trio. Does that make this Jazz? But then, it
was written by a Country musician, Casey Scott, does that make it
Country? <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O078AVSa-cg&feature=related>

When she sings Tom Waits songs, what's that?
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk6-J4ZjywM>

Add Country qualities to the instrumental parts and what's that?
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3MwtN4LLHM&feature=related>

NY Urban=>Canadian Jazz=>Country backing=> Mighty fine listenin'

Now here's some REAL Hillbilly music!
<http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8815809430320029367>

An Urban(e) Moose