[OM] Photo Slideshow / Webpage creation software

Subject: [OM] Photo Slideshow / Webpage creation software
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 12:32:50 -0000
Hi Everyone,

I'm after some advice from the collective genius of this list.

I am trying to put together a CD/DVD of a whole bunch of photos.  I had
hoped to create something a bit like a Web Page but on a disc.  So far I
have looked quite carefully at 2 options - Lightroom and JAlbum.

What I want to create is essentially a title page with links to about 6
or 7 sub-albums.  With each of these sub-albums, I want to be able to
have thumbnails (either to the side or underneath) and a large image in
the middle of the screen.  I also want the ability to click a button and
view it as a full-screen slideshow (ie: no thumbnails, nothing but the
picture on the screen).  That way the viewer can either choose the
photos to look at from the Thumbnails or just view the entire slideshow.
The slideshow should be capable of running automatically (eg: one shot
every 5 seconds) or manually (eg: cursor keys to cycle through the
images).

Lightroom seems very good for this, with one small exception.  You only
seem able to make one album.  The title page with numerous sub-albums
doesn't seem to be an option.  Sure, I could try to write some HTML to
create the title page, but I don't have that much of my life left.

JAlbum seems good too.  Is capable of having sub-albums, but none of the
plugin skins I've tried offer the fullscreen slideshow I'm after.

So I guess I'm after the best of both applications.

Does anyone have any experience of any other applications that may do
what I'm after ?  Or any recommendations for a JAlbum plugin ?  I know I
could write my own JAlbum plugin, but as above - I don't have that much
of my life left.

All advice gratefully received, even if it's just "don't bother".

Thanks,

Jon

PS: And I also forgot, if anyone knows of a DVD Slideshow creator that
will create a DVD playable on a domestic DVD player, that'd be useful
too.  There are lots out there, but so far they all seem to basically
give you a Slideshow that runs automatically - I want one that you can
either "Play" or choose "Next" / "Previous".  I guess that would make
the Album a "Title" on the DVD and each photo a "Chapter" ?