[OM] Re: Dealing with astigmatism through the viewfinder

Subject: [OM] Re: Dealing with astigmatism through the viewfinder
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 19:43:38 -0500
These are a simple slip on without the grip barbs found at the bottom of
a real Canon eyecup.  Just like the OM's they just as easily slip off
and get lost.  There are lots of very inexpensive Canon eyecups to be
found on ebay but most do not have provision for a dioptric correction
lens.  Some may but it's difficult to tell.  I used one of the cheap
teardrop shaped cups for quite a while but lost it on the trip.  The
snap on frame stayed on the camera but the rubber cup pulled of the
frame... probably when I put the camera into the backpack.  The eyecup
can drag over the edge and pop off the frame.  Next time I'll have to
glue the rubber to the frame.

Chuck Norcutt