[OM] Re: Singh Ray vario duo - first impressions

Subject: [OM] Re: Singh Ray vario duo - first impressions
From: WayneS <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 18:14:46 -0500
At 05:50 PM 11/4/2008, Dickwrote:
>"J. Van Brimmer" wrote:
>> Okay, I'll humble myself and ask the dumb question. What are you guys
>> talking about, what is HDR?
>
>HDR - High Dynamic Range
>http://tinyurl.com/o3kfo

Often this is achieved by combining multiple exposures, but with todays
digital cameras, getting close to 8-9 stops of range, where the histogram
covers a wide range, can be processed with HDR techniques.

The first HDR algorithm I studied was back in the 70's, called homomorphic
signal processing. What it does is balanced the overall background exposure
range while preserving detail.

Here was one of my attempts at it: http://tinyurl.com/564b8y

But today it is often associated with extreme processing of sorts.

There are a lot of potential creative options for output.

Photomatix was the standard used by many people, but PS CS4
can also do HDR blending.

WayneS