[OM] Singh Ray vario duo - first impressions

Subject: [OM] Singh Ray vario duo - first impressions
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 09:35:17 +0100
First impressions.

I recieved my rather expensive vario nd filter combined with polariser,
and was surprised at the thickness of it, they only do it in 77mm at the
moment and on the 12-60 it vignets quite badly from 16 to 17mm down. so
I held it in front of a 14-54 and there the vignetting is just visible
at 14 mm so I will order an adapter ring and see how it looks on that.
Unfortunately I have yet to find time to experiment with it but I hope
with the winter coming I can find some time and interesting objects.

I had read about someone using a circular polariser combined with linear
to create a varying ND filter but decided to opt for the singh ray
version as it seemed easier to use and if I can't find any for sale
second hand thats usually a good sign.

I am also planning on getting an IR filter to experiment with but will
probably go with a cokin P system setup as I want to use  some grad
filters (any recommendations on the best to try first ) unless this list
advises otherwise.
--
Iechyd da
IanW