[OM] Re: focus blend CS4

Subject: [OM] Re: focus blend CS4
From: WayneS <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 20:47:57 -0400
At 07:12 PM 10/30/2008, you wrote:

>Perhaps overly harsh assessment from Dr. Focus on the freebee software.
>CombineZM generally does OK (formerly CombineZ5) and is often mentioned
>on the CHDK site as the way to go using the hack for focus bracketing.
>I recall Dr. focus initially had trouble with it with his crabapple
>blossom ? But the problem was one of the images was out of order---it
>is very sensitive to that and the images need to be front to back or
>vice versa. I recall his final result was nice.

If anyone would like to test a series of photos, I volunteer to combine
them in CS4 and send back the result. The stuff I posted was very little
time spent, and I don't believe the images had to be in any particular
order, but then, I only combined at most 3 images.

I have been out of the photography loop for about 2 years while I had
my head up my ... I mean my head in the sand and nose to grindstone.

I thank the list for just getting my photography senses back. Inspiration
is worth more than anything when you have been in a funk for a while.
Even if the discussion is about lenses obscure.

I like posts with a link to images. Here is my cushion:

http://www.zuik.net/5D/800_MG_5641.jpg

WayneS