[OM] Re: Rokkor on EOS

Subject: [OM] Re: Rokkor on EOS
From: "Sawyer, Edward" <Ed.Sawyer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 08:35:34 -0400
Re: Rokkor 58 1.2 on EOS - This is very doable, without optical adapters
and retaining infinity focus. I have 2 of these I use on my fullframe
EOS-1VHS. It's not a hard mount conversion, as conversions go. Nearly
all the Minolta lenses (MC and MD) can be mounted on EOS with a little
work. I've done the Minolta Rokkor 35mm f/1.8, and have a 58 f1.4, 21
f2.8, MD 50 f1.4, 100/3.5 macro and others that I will eventually
convert to EOS mount. That 85 1.7 that was mentioned is also an easy
conversion, easier than the 58 1.2 actually.

In fact conversion of these lenses, and the 58 1.2 in particular, is
what has kept prices/value of them high. The 58 1.2 in particular has
doubled or more in price over the last year, to the point where they
regularly change hands for $300-400. The 85 1.7 can still be found for
$150-250 pretty easily, but it's going up too.

-Ed