[OM] IMG: Autumn Colors

Subject: [OM] IMG: Autumn Colors
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 22:04:12 -0500
Cc: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx>
As Halloween approaches, the colors of Autumn are beginning to dominate our
neighborhood. These images that I captured today are just some samples of those
that abound.

Maple leaves come in many colors and change at different times.  I found these
in the afternoon sun.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Fall-Colors-02.jpg.html

The berries on our hollies have changed from green to orange, and I hope they
become red before the birds devour them.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Holly-Berries.jpg.html

The dogwood berries are very red, as the leaves turn from green to purple.
Several "berry harvesters" have asked if they could pick the berries, which
they sell to nurseries.  We prefer to save them for the birds to enjoy.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Dogwood-Berries.jpg.html

Comments and critiques are welcomed.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA