[OM] Re: Yashica 1000mm lens

Subject: [OM] Re: Yashica 1000mm lens
From: "Maarten Schulte" <maarten.schulte@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 19:52:46 +0200
Thanks for your thoughts.

I have had a number of "cheap" 500mm mirror lenses, and didn't like the
quality of them.
As you both remark, it is quite difficult to get sharp images.
I also thought about a true telescope (do you suggest a cassegrain type or
something else?).
But since I need the carry the thing with me, a heavy tripod is not really
an option.

The Yashica lens is quite expensive (I think) almost 600 euro's including
the adapter to fit my e510. I might be able to talk it down a bit. But it
remains (especially in these credit stress times) a significant amount.

I'm curious what type of telescope, you would suggest.
I have had a close look at the Celestron c90 Mak spotting scope.

Any ideas are welcome.

Maarten