[OM] Re: [OT] I have returned

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] I have returned
From: "Jez Cunningham" <jez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 17:01:29 +0200
After living in TX for several months I returned to Europe and noticed an
interesting difference.  Well interesting to this thread, but I wouldn't
want to discuss it at a dinner party.   In USA it seemed that it was the
norm to stick in the filler, click on the trigger lock and let go, waiting
for the auto-cutout.  Have a cigarette or make a cellphone call while you're
waiting...  And there was always a sign "Do not top-off".
Quite the opposite over this side of the pond - the pin across the trigger
that the lock catches on is usually not there, and so it's impossible to
lock the trigger on.  You have to hold it in place - I suppose some H&S guy
thinks it's safer.  But consequently one tends to hear/feel the first
cut-off and re-squeeze to continue topping-off.  My key-chain now has a pin
on it that fits into the vacant holes in the trigger and _I_ can lock it...
Jez