[OM] Re: Film update

Subject: [OM] Re: Film update
From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 09:11:16 -0500
Yes, the Portra turnover is horribly slow.  However, the older formulations
are now getting pretty close to expiration date.  I think Kodak made a
mistake in over-producing the previous emulsions and got caught with an 18
month surplus in the supply-chain. This is most unfortunate, because the new
formulation is a serious contender in the film vs digital battle.

The return of Ektar is an exciting development. It was a horribly sad day
when Kodak discontinued them the first time through.  I shot a lot of Ektar
25 and Ektar 1000.  Ektar 1000 was the best high-speed film I've ever
used--period.  It buggered up reds a little bit as the yellow/orange
componant was too weak, but it was awesome stuff.

Right now, for film I'm shooting Ilford PanF, Delta400 and Portra 160NC.

AG