[OM] Re: Any info on Angenieux 35-70/2.5-3.3 in OM mount???

Subject: [OM] Re: Any info on Angenieux 35-70/2.5-3.3 in OM mount???
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 01:22:54 -0700
Johnny Johnson wrote:
> At 03:39 PM 10/8/2008, usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
>

>> Found it remarkable that the review says the performance is diffraction
>> limited at f/5.6
>> at 35mm.  Can't say I've seen that stated for any FF lens at that FL.
>>

> The Zeiss Contax lenses that so many people rave about also peak at f4 to
> f5.6 - at least up through the 135/2.

I was also wondering about that statement in the review. I suspect a
statement that performance started to fall off after f5.6 would be more
appropriate - and accurate.

The Tamron 90/2.8 in Pop Photo's test had an optimum aperture for macro
of  - wait for it - f2.8, although performance was great down to f22. My
test of the later, Di version showed the same thing.

Moose