[OM] Re: Rollei 35/35s

Subject: [OM] Re: Rollei 35/35s
From: "Michael Wong" <mialop.wong@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 12:02:53 +0800
Moose,
Thank you very much for your advice in details.

XA is a very good choice as your description. I concern something about the
focus system, without hotshoe. As my experience for SP35, the overlap focus
system is not pretty good as hard to focus in slight low light environment.
I understood it's a 30 years old camera design. I worry about same situation
on XA. I know there is an additional flash for XA, but no bounce feature.
I'd prefer a compact camera with hotshoe for shooting my family members
outside.

Another point I concerned, the details at shadow. I don't know how's 70's
Japanese lens but it's pretty good for my Rolleiflex T which production in
1975~1976.

I had owned Muj-II. It's a good compact camera for snapshot. Very good image
quality under sunlight, but I don't satisfy its performance with flash. I
can't control the flash power, always a bit over-exposure. I prefer I can
control anything for the shot, aperture, shutter speed, ISO speed, flash
power ........

I cannot escape the slow operation of Rollei 35. Let me thinking &
researching more information.

Thanks again, Moose. Your advice is functionally.

---
Michael