[OM] Re: A successor to my E1

Subject: [OM] Re: A successor to my E1
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 20:44:51 -0700
Happy birthday Brian!

I haven't used an E3 but I did get the E510 + 2 lens kit which is a good
value for the price. The lenses are quite sharp but with quite a bit of
distortion and vignetting. Both easy to correct in PS. IMHO anything
above ISO400 isn't recommended on the 510 and the dynamic range is very
limited. The 7~14mm, 12~60mm, 50~200mm would be a very attractive kit
... but so far the E510 just doesn't make the investment worthwhile.  I
have no reason to think the E3 sensor is much if any better.  Frankly a
5D would be a better choice for me if I could afford it. I'd love to
have a full frame digital back with great dynamic range (mega pixels,
enough already!) on which to hang my Zuiko wides. In the meantime I hang
'em on a 4t and am happy enough. Only inconvenience is lack of nearby
processor.

Mike