[OM] Re: SanDisk rebates

Subject: [OM] Re: SanDisk rebates
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2008 13:22:12 -0700
Lawrence Plummer wrote:
> It's mind-boggling.  I just received today my two 8GB Extreme III CF cards,
> for a total of $19.90 (after the rebate).  After my order, I discovered that
> I could have ordered three cards for a total equal to a few cents less than
> the order that I made!

It doesn't seem to make much sense unless they are getting significant
contributions from the retailers and VISA.

I bought three 8GB Extreme III SDHC cards complete with USB readers
(which it turned out I actually needed) on a similar rebate. Unlike
Mike, I had no hassles with the rebate, although as usual, it takes
several weeks to receive it. Net cost was about $13 per card and reader.

Moose