[OM] IMG: re-worked cliffs near Poole

Subject: [OM] IMG: re-worked cliffs near Poole
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 06:32:30 +0200
After I posted my PAWs from last week, one of my images (the one that
most of us, including myself, thought to be the best of the set) was
given the rare honour of being "moosterized" by Moose, a member of the
Olympus list who has a penchant for suggesting improvements to others'
pictures by posting a "before and after" version on his web site. This
is the original image, as I posted it:
http://www.fotocycle.dk:80/paws/uploads/2008/39alt12.jpg

Moose, as he often does, suggested punching up the contrast and
saturation significantly. Here is his "before and after" version:
http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Wajsman/39alt12.htm

I tend to have a preference for muted colours and lower contrast, but
in this case I have to agree that his version represents an
improvement, and so this morning I went back to the original image and
played with adjustments in Lightroom until I got to something that
went some of the way, but not all the way, in the direction suggested
by Moose. The result is here:
http://www.greatpix.eu/gallery/4253606_netUM#386019421_EnS6t-O-LB

It is a nice example of how feedback on these lists can happen across
many time zones and great distances. A nice illustration of the
positive impact of the internet and digital photography.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain
http://www.frozenlight.eu