[OM] Re: Yellowed 24mm f/2.0 MC

Subject: [OM] Re: Yellowed 24mm f/2.0 MC
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 15:10:15 +0200
Apparently, UV light brings about a change in the state of the
electrons in the thorium glass. But even without it, the yellow
will by quite nice for B&W work, yes :-)

Andrew, I am actually not in a funk at all - I am sitting here looking
at this
beautiful OM-1n with a couple of nice lenses, I just can't shoot it
yet because
I am way, way too busy at work, and (for B&W work) we are still
setting up darkroom.

So I am patiently gathering kit. I am, despite all this nonsense,
still a very happy
camper!

I cannot imagine a better looking and handling combo than an OM-1n
with the 24/2.0, it
is just so "right" ...!

I look forward to post to this mailing list my first hand-printed
shots from this camera,
but it'll still be a while, and I really want to get it CLA'd before I
start really using
it.

Thanks for the support!

D.