[OM] Re: FS 8mm OM-mount fisheye

Subject: [OM] Re: FS 8mm OM-mount fisheye
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 12:59:15 +0200
I had posted a few messages from my gmail  account but they never
appeared or gave an error, so I will try again from my  yahoo account.

here is a repost to the specs problem.

sorry to the older listees but some of the new ones won't have seen this

Things have to be really bad for specks to affect pictures

this was the rear element of my fungal fisheye - one that was described
as pristine but arrived like this

http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/gallery/613944_WsNbX#45028210_8Q2gN

and this was a picture taken with it before I separated the elements
cleaned and got it reglued - (full details in the archives).

http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/gallery/613944_WsNbX#45028843_twNhG

I think it was our much missed walt (apologies to whoever it was if it
wasn't)
who did a test with a large piece of black insulation tape on the front
element of a lens and then asked us to guess which was with or without.

welcome Dawid by the way, meant to say do before but things are busy
here at the moment

Ian W

Iechyd da
IanW