[OM] Re: IMG: Reworked Spider Lily

Subject: [OM] Re: IMG: Reworked Spider Lily
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 18:08:24 -0500
Moose,

I agree, that final sharpening should be done at the final size. I often do
that, but did not mention it in my work flow.  My problem with the lily
image was lack of DOF in my approach to taking the photo, which left the
ends of the "spider legs" OOF.  I tried to compensate for this with
sharpening, and my approach was not up to the task. I did not try masking
and sharpening locally, because of all of the elements in the photo.

Thanks for your comments.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA