[OM] Re: IMG: Reworked Spider Lily

Subject: [OM] Re: IMG: Reworked Spider Lily
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 12:36:14 -0500
Chris,

You are correct, it is over-sharpened to compensate for poor focus or
movement evident in the original.  I probably should have given up on it
without posting it.

My ususal work flow is to adjust the RAW image for minor exposure problems,
then transfer the image to the Elements editor.  First, I adjust the
histogram, adjust lighting and contrast, use color curves if needed, then
sharpen as needed. I then resize the edited image and save it as a TIFF
file.

In all honesty, this was a poor image.  I have always had a hard time
getting a good image of this flower, and it doesn't last long enough for a
lot of experimenting.  Of the many bulbs in our yard, this is the only one
that has produced a bloom this year.

Thanks for looking, and for your comments.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA