[OM] repairing the STF-22

Subject: [OM] repairing the STF-22
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 08:38:56 -0400
Seems Olympus does not stock ANY repair parts for the STF-22 twin flash
macro setup.  A doctor called me the other day.  He said he had sent
this unit to Olympus in Hauppauge NY for service, they sent it back
telling him to buy a new one.  It's a current product, $630 at B&H.  One
of the shoe mounts on the lens ring broke off.  So I got a parts pdf
from a third party (olympus makes it hard to get parts lists for
accessories) and tried to order 7-8 different parts for this unit
through Olumpus edesk.  ALL come back "unavailable or discontinued".
Boy this guy was PISSED.

Maybe if someone from olympus is lurking here, they'll do something
about this.

John Hermanson  |   CPS, Inc.
21 South Ln., Huntington NY 11743
www.zuiko.com  |  omtech1 AT verizon.net