[OM] Re: [OT] Voigtlander 58mm/40mm Lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Voigtlander 58mm/40mm Lenses
From: Jim Couch at home <zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 21:08:39 -0700
Cc: Ali Shah <alizookoman@xxxxxxxxx>
I own both lenses (in Nikon mount) and am very happy with both. Bokeh is
good  on both lenses, both are very sharp. Build quality is excellent
and focus is well damped and very smooth. The 40 is nearly a pancake,
and with the hood very compact. One note on the 58 is that some folks
experienced over exposure issues on early production units, a problem
that has since been fixed (my lens is fine). It is not an issue with
current production, but something to watch for if buying used.

Jim Couch