[OM] Re: Panasonic G-1 - micro 4/3 camera

Subject: [OM] Re: Panasonic G-1 - micro 4/3 camera
From: Patrick Moore <paddy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 13:56:28 +0100
* On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 10:03:31PM +1000, Andrew Fildes said:
> The advantage with a 4/3rd rangefinder would be live view for wide
> and tele, obviating the need for auxilliary finders. It should work
> really well as a Leica/Contax style AF RF. That's what I'd queue up
> for, oh yes.

I concur completely.  One of these with a nice compact set of prime
lenses... perfection!   I love my K20D, it gives great results, but frankly
it's just too big for some of the photos I want to take.  People see the
larger camera and go "Ooh, someone's taking a photo of me." and then react
accordingly.   Which isn't really want I want.   At least with the OM-1 it
was compact enough for people not to care.

p.

--
      o  OOOOooO(    I sold my soul to Satan. He wanted a refund,  )Oo.
    .o0o.oOOo.o(                 but I said, "No."                  )Oo.