[OM] Re: Panasonic G-1 - micro 4/3 camera

Subject: [OM] Re: Panasonic G-1 - micro 4/3 camera
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 22:03:31 +1000
To some extent - I've owned both the Epson RD-1s and M8 and had
trouble focussing well, especially with the M8 (holding it for left
eyed use, I tended to occlude the RF patch window dammit). The Epson
was easier to use. But, I've also owned a Contax G1 and loved it -
never got to the G2 which had a better AF system.
The advantage with a 4/3rd rangefinder would be live view for wide
and tele, obviating the need for auxilliary finders. It should work
really well as a Leica/Contax style AF RF. That's what I'd queue up
for, oh yes.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx