[OM] Re: repairs

Subject: [OM] Re: repairs
From: "montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx" <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 09:31:16 +1000
John Hermanson wrote:
> Speaking of this, if anyone on the list is considering getting
 > some OM work done, please keep me in mind.  Turnaround is about
 > 2 weeks. Things are getting a little slow as you can imagine.
 > The active customer base just isn't what it used to be.

On the premise that for some people up north when you say you're from
"Australia" you might as well be saying you come "from a small planet in
the vicinity of Betelgeuse", it's probably worth mentioning that people
all over the world who know John's work, including people from as far
away as a small planet in the vicinity of Betelgeuse, part with their
beloved OMs to send them around the world to John for repair, or just a
good lather, rinse and repeat (Clean, Lubricate and Adjust). That's
gotta count for a fair whack of recommendation. I've yet to use his
services, but it sure speaks volumes to me. That and that the Olympus
Odyssey cameras went there to prepare for their unpredictable journeys
amongst so many hands, couriers, conditions and thousands of miles.

Just thought I'd mention, in case there are some newer folk here, or
those browsing the archives or nabble, looking for a good reason.

Cheers,
Marc
Noosa Heads, Oz
http://www.parknmeter.com/gallery