[OM] Re: Yorkshire Sculpture Park

Subject: [OM] Re: Yorkshire Sculpture Park
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 19:18:06 -0700
Tom Fenwick wrote:
> Another visit to the Yorkshire Sculpture Park on Sunday.  Some of the photos
> even include the sculpture!
> http://www.pbase.com/tom_77/sculpture_park

I like pretty much all of these.

#1 has to be the winner for me, with the juxtaposition of those massive,
sterile geometric shapes on flat sterile ground with the little legs and
boots. it makes me smile, and that can't be bad.

My other favorites are 5, 6, 7, 9, 10 and 11. I'd be tempted to cut the
grass off of #10, to see it as pure abstraction. #5 would also tempt me
to try it with the right 40% or so cropped off to make a more focused,
vertical composition.

Moose