[OM] What I'm doing in 2008/2009 [was: What I'm doing in 2007]

Subject: [OM] What I'm doing in 2008/2009 [was: What I'm doing in 2007]
From: Michael Collins <l43g20th@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 15:21:34 -0400
Chris,

Rather embarrassing to say, but that Web site project stalled for a long
time due to a number of serious family issues, and I'm only just getting
back to it this summer. I've looked at the various PHP-based image gallery
packages available, and (of the lot) decided that so far I like 'singapore'
best. Thanks to Moose for the inspiration.

I haven't got very far with creating and populating galleries, hence the
"2008/2009" comment, but you're welcome to look at what's there now:

  <http://www.galleries.ownvolition.com>

I'll try to get to the "5 new per month" in parallel with going through the
(small) digital and (larger) film back catalogue, mining for images I like.

One thing that's become apparent already is the need for a small number of
top-level galleries and more depth in the hierarchy. I suspect 'singapore'
doesn't make it easy to move galleries, so my FTP client or Dreamweaver may
be getting quite a workout as I go.

Cheers,
Michael