[OM] Re: Photographing fluorescence under UV/Black Light?

Subject: [OM] Re: Photographing fluorescence under UV/Black Light?
From: "Ian Nichols" <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 11:15:33 +0100
2008/8/25 Darin <d.rhein@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> I have a scorpion that I'd like to try photographing under UV/Black Light
> Blue. I have a small hand held fluorescent BLB lamp which I would be using.
> My main question is, are any special filters, film, other equipment needed to
> do this,  or is it just a matter of figuring out the right exposure? Which
> would be better color negative, or slide film?

I suspect that a UV filter would be a good idea, or the pictures might
have too much blue in them.  Other than that, I've no idea.  I hope
your scorpion is good at standing still though - I suspect that the
fluorescence won't be very bright.

--
Stand firm for what you believe in, until and unless logic and experience
prove you wrong. Remember: when the emperor looks naked, the emperor *is*

-Daria Morgendorffer