[OM] Re: OT - One for our resident battery expert

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - One for our resident battery expert
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 18:35:10 -0400
If the charger says 7.5 volts and the battery pack is 12v you've got the
wrong charger.  The charger for my 12 volt drill battery pack puts out
14.5 volts.  That's as it should be.  The charger has to put out more
than the nominal voltage of the battery in order to cause current to
flow from charger to battery rather than vice versa.

Chuck Norcutt