[OM] Re: I hate cshool! [was Seriously who can afford one of

Subject: [OM] Re: I hate cshool! [was Seriously who can afford one of
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 20:45:50 -0700
Jan Steinman wrote:

> My favourite Feynman story (from the autobiography "Surely You're Joking, Mr.
> Feynman")
Semi-auto, as Feynman told stories to his drumming buddy, Ralph
Leighton, who wrote them down. And not quite a biography, as it only
hits the highlights of his life that Feynman thought made good stories ...
> That book is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to anyone who is interested in the way genius
> works. Plus it's good fun.

... nevertheless, I completely agree with your recommendation. A great
read. I also very much enjoyed the second book, "What Do You Care What
Other People Think?"

The third one, told in Leighton's own voice, about Feynman's quest for
the throat singers of Tuva while dying, I found boring and didn't
finish. I wanted so badly for there to be another great one ...

Moose