[OM] Re: What are the odds :-)

Subject: [OM] Re: What are the odds :-)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 15:01:18 -0700
montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> You know, waking up in the morning, walking the dogs, getting a coffee down
> the road because our espresso machine's broken, starting up the laptop,
> checking the email, looking in my "Olympus photography" folder
> and finding "serious" discussion and hypothesis has developed overnight on
> why one arm of a flying-V of geese is shorter than the other...
>
> ...the absurdity...it brings a tear to my eye. By all the gods and devils, I
> love this list!

I'm with you, a pretty decent place to hang out.

Now to stay in list character, I must point out that by now it's plural,
hypotheses.

( Should the pronoun agree with the noun being corrected, or the
correction? "... by now they are pural" Or does it refer to the
underlying form of the subject, the singular noun "word"?)

A. Tendentious Moose