[OM] Re: putting together a "souvenir" system

Subject: [OM] Re: putting together a "souvenir" system
From: "J. Van Brimmer" <om1md@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 22:07:40 -0700
Hear! Hear!, Amen! I totally agree with Fernando.

And, like Ken, I am just now building up my Om1n system! But, I
understand, to each his own, some like digital, some like analog. I
just happen to like the simplicity of focus, read the light, set the
aperture, set the shutter speed, press the button. I guess I'm just old
fashioned. However, I also love computers. I just happen to like simple
cameras.

FWIW,

Jerry

Quoting Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>: Fernando
Gonzalez Gentile once said:

> Well, most probably for different reasons than yours I refuse to move
> out the OM system. This, as long as film is manufactured.
> Go figure, just bought my first OM 4 body.
>
> I don't like the idea that a photograph must need a computer.
> A photograph should exist by itself, as a material object.
> An almost simple chemical reaction.
>
> They may be digitized if one needs to do it.
> It certainly may improve the original but complexity grows; the more
> complex, the more likely to fail at some point (cost? reliability?).
>
> Waiting for Monday to come, to go buying another 20 rolls of Provia 100F
> while available.
> Film supply (color reversal film, that is) is critical in this small city.
> But I could get accustomed to brazilian Fujicolor C41, it's plenty of it
>
> I like computers nonetheless, but I don't like to feel compelled to have
> one to take a picture.
>
> FWIW
>
> Fernando.
>
> Ken Norton wrote:
>> The sad part of this "memorial system" is that it is going to be fancier
>> than my MAINLINE SYSTEM!!!!!  While you guys are abandoning the OM system,
>> I'm actually migrating back towards it.  Go figure...
>>
>> It's the lenses, folks, it's the lenses....
>>
>> AG

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

One Happy Snapper,