[OM] Re: 70-300mmm was Re: Re: Nath an's PAD 7th August 2008: Ber

Subject: [OM] Re: 70-300mmm was Re: Re: Nath an's PAD 7th August 2008: Berlin se ñ orita
From: "Scott Peden" <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 23:14:01 -0700
Yeah, that seems to be the trick. The hawks I've been shooting have a
certain range, where they will take off and not let me get closer, it is the
same distance every time that I figure they can see themselves in the lens.
The Red tail I finally got last year, had taken me two years to let him let
me get close enough I could shoot him with a 500 mm lens and make out
details, he didn't return this year.

Other areas, where the birds are exposed to humans more, this doesn't seem
to be a problem, but where I have been on the coast and in the mountains,
the population is rather sparse.